Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Valley at Dawn : Mekik Oyası

I heard the 1st May today is called "Lily of the Valley Day" in France.
Seeing the flowers blooming here and there enjoyably these days, I made a muguet (lily of the valley in French) kanzashi.



* The Valley at Dawn *
Materials
Anchor Mercer Crochet #100
Lizbeth #80
Tekno-rote 0.4mm
Floral peps, metal parts

The flowers and leaves are made with Mekik Oyası, and the thin arched braids are with tatting lace technique.
Parts dangle slowly with beads.

2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, yes it is Lilly of the valley day in France , usually I post a picture of Lilly of the valley but I was in hospital for a check up and forgot about it, hopefully I will do it next week.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment.
      I'm sorry for the late reply. I have been in bed with a cold and asthma these some days.
      Today I visited your blog.
      How beautiful butterflies and hearts!
      And I'm so happy to hear you are healing well.
      I hope you get better soon.

      Delete