Monday, June 30, 2014

Rhapsody in Blue : Stumpwork

I have finished a little stumpwork rose.

* Rhapsody in Blue *
DMC Cotton Embroidery Floss #25 (ART. 117)
Linen fabric
#30 wire for artificial flowers

I had been used tekno-rote for couching, but for this flower I used #30 wire to make a firm shape.
Metal wire is easy to bend as expected :)
I heard that Artistic Wire for wirework is used for stumpwork too, so I also would like to try it next time.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Aemilia's Flower : Needle Lace

Some days ago on twitter I found gorgeous Italian needle lace photos that I have been interested in from before and they excited me, so I have started to try.

A little flower with a technique named "Aemilia Ars".
I'm learning the recipe from this free pattern (pdf).
The text and the figures are both detailed and easy to understand even for me (I only have a really little experience of needle lace).
(The pattern seems to be deleted from the website now. 31 July 2015.)

Almost processes are buttonhole stitches on the lines and I guess it will take time.
It's unfamiliar to me so I would like to advance without haste :)

Friday, June 6, 2014

Raindrops : Tatting Lace

I'm tatting hydrangea flowers.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Two Minutes : Miniature

I made miniatures.

This boot is made with a kit of "Little Lovely Leather Items".
Pieces of leather are cut and drilled so it was easy to make :)

A bag of the same kit.
There are accessories for this in the kit too and I'm planning to decorate it with tatted flowers.